Skip Navigation Links
| | |
Skip Navigation Links
Trade Name
What Do I Need?
| | |

Seller's Permit

Starts @ $ 39

Starts @ $

Seller's Permit
A re-seller tax id is also called a seller's permit.  It is a tax id or wholesale id that allows you to buy wholesale and sell retail. 

For example, you start selling on ebay from home.  

You need to charge sales tax for the items you sell in the state your business is located and you need the re seller id for that. In addition, you will need it to buy the merchandise you will be selling at a wholesale price and that also requires that you have the re-seller id so you can issue a resale certificate to the wholesaler so he can sell you wholesale.

You can obtain it here online.
1-5 Business Days.

In Addition to a Trade Name, You May Need The Following:

Here Are The Permits, Tax  ID Number(s) & Other Registrations Required When Starting a Business

  • All Businesses need at a minimum a Business Permit  & an Fictitious Business Name.
  • If you are a retailer or wholesaler, you will need minimum a Sellers Permit  , & a Business Permit 

  • If you hire workers,  you will need minimum  a Federal Tax Id Number  & State Employer Permit , & a Business Permit.

  • Corporations and LLC s need  at a minimum a Federal Tax Id   & a Business Permit.
  • Partners need  at a minimum a Federal Tax Id    a Fictitious Business Name  & a Business Permit.

  •  Sole Owner/Proprietors may get and use a Federal Tax Id   & also  at a minimum get  a Business Permit  but also a Trade Name if using one.
  • Instead of filing an Trade Name, you can choose Incorporation or form an LLC  & You will not need an Trade Business Name


  • Not Sure Whether You Need a Trade Name or What Tax IDs & Permits You Need? Take Our Free Trade Name and Tax IDs Quiz:
    Chat Free With Us

    Quick Legal Answers about Your Trade Name and More.
    Click on Button Below:
    Get Your Trade Name, LLC, Licenses and Tax IDs Online Now!