Colorado Trade Name - Colorado Trade Business Name
Colorado trade name registrations, cancellations, and renewals. Information on trade names can be obtained Here.
In general, you need to file a CO trade business name - it is a certificate of your business name as opposed to a certificate of a business such as a business license. A trade business name is also called a DBA, Fictitious Business Name, an Assumed Business Name, a Trade Firm Name, or Doing Business As DBA.
Get Your Colorado Trade Business Name Today!!
All starting businesses, (including small business, retail stores, internet business, online business, online web sites and home business), at least get a business tax registration license and file a trade name and in most cases obtain a tax id number.
- In a few words:
- A ll businesses need a business tax registration license,
- All retailers and wholesalers need a sales tax id number,
- All employers need a federal ein and state employer tax id number, &
- All businesses need a trade name certificate, also called a dba doing businesses as.
Find Out if You Need It! Take
REGISTERING A COLORADO TRADE NAME
All companies, businesses, partnerships, associations and individuals in Colorado using a trade name must register the name.
This is because it is the law and in addition it helps you open a bank account. Additionally, in CO, state forms for Business Registration have fields in which applicable trade name information should be entered.
TRADE NAME INFORMATION
Trade name registration, renewals, publications, and fee collection for trade names are handled thru out office.
• who must register a trade name,
• trade name definition,
• trade name searches,
• registration procedures,
• changing trade name information,
• trade name renewals and fees
For additional tax information visit the Tax Information Index which covers a variety of topics including links to forms, publications, regulations, statutes and general questions and answers.
DBA Colorado Trade Business Name Filing
File Your DBA Business Name : Also Notarize, Publish, and File proof of Publication
Right from the start, we complete the DBA Trade Business Name forms, notarize the Business Name certificates, file the DBA Trade Business Name doing business as certificate, legally publish the DBA Trade Business Name and file proof of publication.
We do the following:
(1) We can prepare the DBA Trade Business Name legal document.
(2) We will send our agent to you to notarize your DBA Trade Business Name (if required).
(3) Then, we will file, record, and register your Business, trade, or business Name, DBA Business Name certificate with the appropriate government agency.
(4) If required, we will perform a local, county or state level trade business Name search to see if your DBA Business Name DBA Name is available.
(5) We will publish your DBA Trade Name Name for 4 weeks in a legal newspaper ( also called dba publication), and
(6) We will mail you the certified copies of the DBA Trade Business Name so you can open a bank account. In some cases, we may fax your or scan and email you the filed, certified copies of your DBA Trade Name Registration Certificate.
(7) Finally, after the DBA Trade Business Name form is notarized, filed, mailed and legally published, we file an officially, government certified copy of the proof of the Trade Business Name certificate newspaper publication.
In most States, regular Trade Business Name registration filing takes 4-8 business days, but in some states it may take 10 -20 business days because the government processing takes longer. Where it is permitted by the government, there is rush expedited Trade Business Name filing for an extra fee - add about $200 to regular price.
What is a Trade Business Name or DBA Name?
It is an official certificate of your business name that must be registered with a government agency. For example, you are doing business as "ebay online internet Super Co.", You need to file a trade name because the business name does not include your family surname. A Trade Business Name, Company, or DBA Name Certificate, or DBA Business Name / D.B.A. Doing Business As Statement is the same as a Fictitious Business Name Statement, a Business Business Name Certificate, or a Firm Name . The " Fictitious Business Name " term is sometimes misspelled: fictious, ficticous, ficticious, etc. All of these business, or DBA Names are just business Name certificates / statements that must be filed if the business owner (individual, partnership, corporation) is doing business in a Name other than its own legal Name.
Why Do I Need to Get A Trade Name?
Because most states want to protect and inform the public of the legal person that uses a trade name. For example, a trade name certificate contains the owners name a personal address as well as the entity legal structure because the state wants to give information about the owner.
What is the Trade Business Name Name Law?
Registration or Filing of a DBA Trade Business Name Trade / Business Business Name.
In general, you are legally required to notarize (some states) register (file) and publish (in some states) a trade business Name certificate, (otherwise called a DBA Name Certificate, Fictitious Business Name Doing Business As Statement, or a Firm Name ) if the business Name is a Name that is different from the Name of the proprietor, partnership or corporation doing business with that Name.
Benefits of Filing your Business Name :
1. Can use the Courts to bring a lawsuit under the trade business Name . You can enforce any contract that you sign under a registered Name .
2. Can open a bank account in the Name of the business - banks require that you show proof of business Name registration.
3. May prevent others from using your business Name . In some states filing creates a rebuttable presumption that you have rights to that Name ( but you probably need a trade mark to protect the Name . However, in general, you do acquire some rights to the business Name associated with a specific product or service that you provide using the business Name in the region that you provide the service or sell your product.
Where Can I Go File my Trade Name?